The view from nowhere
THEN AND NOW
86, St. Stephen's Green, given as the address of Nicholas Richard and John in 1850, was built by the infamous Thomas "Buck" Whaley's father, Richard Chappell Whaley. Thomas Whaley's autobiography was published in 1907 and states that the house remained in the Whaley family till 1853 when it was acquired by Cardinal Cullen. It is now part of the National University of Ireland (U.C.D.)
16, Bridge Street and 1, John Street south, no longer exist, although the streets remain.
back next
3, Usher's Quay, Dublin.
86, St. Stephens Green, late 1800s.
Home of Nicholas Richard and John.
Site Created 14/07/2002; updated 05/12/07
This site is dedicated to the welfare of all living beings